Monday, February 19, 2007

 

Spam of the Week

It was difficult choosing this week's Spam of the Week. There were lots of worthy nominees, from the just plain silly, to the most defintitely illegal. I was close to picking one email in particular because it had one funny line. That line was profane, and while I have no problem using profanity on The Globex Corporation Newsletter, I have a little bit of a problem letting others do it.

Having weeded out the other entrants, this email was deemed, by a panel of low level executives at The Globex Corporation to be Spam of the Week:

Would you like complimentary diapers from Huggies, Luvs, or Pampers?

Get $500 worth of brand name diapers for your baby.

Simply choose your favorite brand and we will send it to you.

A lot depends upon a diaper. Keep your baby's bottom smooth and
rash-free is easier with quality diapers from name brands you trust.

Wrap your baby in only the best.

Choose your trusted brand.


Diapers! Yes! Just what a single guy needs!

This email was chosen as Spam of the Week soley for the reason that I could have no possible use for infant's diapers (no comment on adult diapers), but one line struck out as just plain poor writing:

Keep your baby's bottom smooth and rash-free is easier with quality diapers from name brands you trust.


That's a stupid mistake that I make on blog posts around here on a daily basis. I shouldn't do it, I should read my crap more carefully.

Then again, I am not sending this blog TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE!!!

Let me get this straight, your direct marketing diaper campaign is based on using poor grammar and clunky English? No wonder I've never been able to get a job in advertising.

Or, possibly, it's some sort of scam. I didn't include any of the links contained in the email, didn't follow them myself. That's just good practice, folks.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives