Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

Another Gem from The Onion

french
Mike, I am NOT responsible for this photo.....
I'm trying not to be quite so needy, so today I'm not going to beg you to check out The Onion, I'm going to ask nicely. See, isn't that better?

So the following is an excerpt from an Onion article:



Wig-Wearing Mike Tyson Retires From Foxy-Boxing

"It's time," said Tyson, still unstable on his four-inch stiletto heels after the hard uppercut from Gilchrist that knocked off not only his trademark tiara, but also both of his gold hoop earrings. "I think I should hang it up now while I still have my health, my looks, and a very, very tiny shred of self-respect."


Too late, Mike.

In all seriousness, Mike Tyson is the greatest heavywight boxer I ever saw. He wasn't just a one trick pony with awesome power, he was a great defensive fighter and as technically proficient of a fighter as I've ever seen. All of the outrageeous things that he was involved in completely overshadowed what a great fighter he was. Too bad he'll likely go down in history as a freakshow.

Freakshows sell tickets, though, and as broke as he is, I'm sure we'll be able to see him wrestle bears or get shot out of a cannon on Pay-per-View in the near future.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
The pink outfit is actually quite flattering but going blonde just isn't him. Maybe he needs to consult with one of those daytime Emmy winning hairstylists.
 
1gal is quite accurate.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives