Thursday, February 04, 2010

 

Best Anchors/Anchor Duos of Weekend Update on NBC's Saturday Night Live

  1. Dennis Miller 1985-1991
    Some of the smartest political satire in the history of television.

  2. Tina Fey & Amy Poehler 2004-2005
    I realize my "thing" for Tina Fey is probably clouding my judgement a bit. Objectively, Update's first all female anchor team was consistently first-rate.

  3. Chevy Chase 1975-1976
    The originator. More a stylistic parody of a newscast than a comical look at the news.

  4. Norm MacDonald 1994-1997
    Norm consistently provided some of the best sophomoric giggles in Update history. "Which proves my theory, Germans love David Hasselhoff."

  5. Jimmy Fallon & Tina Fey 2000-2004
    I'm gaining more respect for Jimmy Fallon, but, as an anchor, he couldn't hold a candle to Amy Poehler.

  6. Jane Curtin & Dan Aykroyd 1977-1978
    While Chevy Chase was doing a stylistic parody of a newscast, Dan Aykroyd was nailing the role of anchor. Jane Curtin provided an excellent foil. The tension on set of two anchors who had no respect for each other was delicious.

  7. Colin Quinn 1998-2000
    When Norm MacDonald was fired from SNL, Quinn inherited the Update desk and performed admirably.

  8. Amy Poehler & Seth Myers 2006-2008
    Seth Myers replacing Tina Fey on Update was a drop off, but he and Poehler played off of each other well.

  9. Seth Myers 2009-Present
    I really like Seth Myers in this role. He's smart and consistently funny.

  10. Charles Rocket 1980-1981
    The 1980-1981 season was abysmal, but Charles Rocket's bombastic anchor was at least reason to tune in. (During this season, the news segment was known as "The Rocket Report")


BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
I was in Washington D.C. the night the first SNL aired. I was stoned. Needless to say (?) I was like WTF?
They were good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives