Thursday, May 28, 2009

 

The Insanity of You Tube

I just looked at my You Tube channel. I point this out not as bragging, quite the opposite, actually.

Five Months ago, I posted this:



I didn't write it. I don't think I even did a good rendition of it, TSA and I did it better, but, sadly, there are no recordings of it.

As of this writing, the video has 410 views.


Five months ago, BabsLamb posted this:



Danny Barnes is an amazing songwriter. His lyrics are the types of things I wish I could write. His instrumental skill makes me feel like a chump, a pretender who never had a clue. And while Barnes doesn't have what you'd call a pleasant voice, I wish I sang as well as him.

As of this writing, the video has 301 views.


I have no idea how to account for any of this other than You Tube viewers are morons. There is nothing I have ever done in my life that should, under any circumstances, garner as much attention as anything Danny Barnes has done with music. He's the real deal. I'm a dork who used to strap on a kazoo and sing loud enough and clearly enough to make people gasp at the words that were coming out of my mouth. If I had a talent, it was that I DID IT, but is that actual talent or is it just bravery? Shouldn't actual talent be recognized?

Who knows? I'm getting worked up over this and I should really be in bed...

BOJ



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives