Saturday, August 30, 2008

 

My Right Hand

I was trying to write a song about a situation my good friend MonyP was in. I wanted to say that no matter how things turned out for her, that I knew who she was, which is a pretty special person.

For the first time as a "songwriter" the music actually came before the lyrics. I tried to put real feelings into words and found myself unable to. I knew what I wanted to say, but couldn't put it in a song that would have ended up really mushy. That's not who I am as a songwriter, I can't be serious, I have to be a dork.

So I wrote about masturbation. It was a lyric idea I'd had for a long time, but hadn't been able to do anything with. The music drove it to be what it was.

The point is, I sat down to write one song, and something completely different came out. I can't control it. I can't even control what comes out of my mouth from minute to minute.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives