Saturday, April 12, 2008

 

Tax Day

Last year I waited until the last day possible to do my taxes. I'd lost the forms by this time, of course, but with the help of the internets was able to download everyhint I needed at the 11th hour.

After frantic calculations I discovered that I owed a dollar. One dollar! I promptly wrote a check, I so wanted to staple a dollar bill to my tax form, but figured that the delay in my payment as the IRS figured out what to do with actual cash might cause the US Government great financial harm. It was a dollar the the Feds were looking for and them not getting it my have thrown our country into chaos. CHAOS I tell you!

So this year I did my taxes a little bit earlier. On Thursday I sat down at the computer and thought "hey, I should do my taxes." TurboTax has a Federal Free program that will do your federal taxes for, well for free. Having lived all of 2007 in Wyoming, I didn't have to file a state return, so my tax preparation would be entirely free.

So I plugged the appropriate numbers into TurboTax and found that I'd be receiving $54. Plus I'll be getting $600 later (by my SSN, I'm in the first group to get a check) that I'm morally bound to spend immediately to stimulate the economy. Do I still get this now that I'm a bank and not a simple private citizen? If I have to choose between $600 and the Billions that banks are getting in these tough economic times, I have a pretty good idea which I'll choose...

BOJ
...yes, I'm still a bank, no, I won't actually lend you money...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives