Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

100,000 Miles

I've only owned one new car in my life, a 1997 Subaru Impreza. It's been a great car that's proven itself in rain, snow and blistering heat. It's about to be registered in the fifth state since I purchased it. It's on its third set of tires and its second engine.

And yesterday, on the way to work, it went over 100,000 miles.

100000

The exact spot where it acheived this milestone is marked on my GPS and is immortalized on Google Earth. Not that I need either of those to remember it, I drive by that spot twice a day five days a week.

I wonder where I'll be when it goes over 200,000 miles?

BOJ

Comments:
Hey! you know the difference between it's and its!!! Very impressive.

t1g, aka
 
Dude, with all the trips you made half way across the country you just now hit 100k on a 1997 vintage automobile?

My 2002 S-10 (my first and only new car) is at almost 130k after 6 years and I've never gone from LA to South Dakota, or Minnesota to LA, in it like you have. The longest single trip it's made was from LA to SLC and back to meet up with you shortly after you moved back to SD.

My 1993 Ranger that I bought in '95 with 32k on it had 176k when I traded it in back in 2001 (142k in 6 years - with the original exhaust and clutch still intact!) and that never made an overly long trip either.

I don't know how you managed to keep those miles down my friend, but I think it's more impressive with an 11 year old car that you have made many long trips in.

My work truck after a mere 7 months, just crossed 22k.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives