Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

Respect

I got a call from my new employer yesterday. They were inquiring as to whether I would like to take on a different position from the one I'd been hired for. The new position would be at a higher rate of pay, but would require me to work overnights.

I considered, but in the end I'm not at a point in my life where I want to work overnights. The person calling expressed his regret at my not taking the position, as my skill set was exactly what they were looking for to take on this new and somewhat important project.

Consider that again. My new employer actually looked at my skills. They realized that my skills fit another important position. They offered me more money to take on a different position.

No other job I've ever accepted has done anything like this. Most will try to screw you over before you even start working for them. They will try to somehow give you less than you were expecting or were promised.

I feel respected. I feel like they want me there. I feel like they're going to be fair to me. That's all I've ever really asked for.

Fuck Dish Network or Echostar or whatever they're calling themselves these days.

BOJ

Comments:
Good on ya man!

Exactly.

~Yma
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives