Monday, February 11, 2008

 

Reflective

I'm moving, I've been packing and managing my move all day, tying up loose ends as much as possible. The last thing I should probably be doing is posting a blog, but when inspiration strikes...

I'm in a really reflective mood right now. There are lots of reasons for that. I was writing on the BOJ MySpace Music Page today, writing about my influences. It's turned into not being about people who have influenced me musically, but people who have just plain been decent to me, who liked and respected what I did.

That got me to thinking about people who have been nice to me in general. Let me just say that most people aren't nice to me. Most people, given the chance, will do anything they can to fuck me over. I'm not in the best of health or financial standing right now, I can use all of the help I can get, I don't need more trouble.

But there are people, wonderful people, who are, if nothing else, emotionally supportive to me right now. I have a girlfriend. I have an old roommate who I just talked to on the phone. There's MonyP who called while I was on the phone with the roomie. My parents are great. I haven't spent much time with them recently, but my neighbors are great.

When I think about it, I have such a strong web of support and I simply can't believe it. I bitch, but people help me. People who barely know me are kind to me. People I've shit on forgive me. I'm not alone and I find that completely unbelievable.

So when you hear me complain, realize that shit isn't nearly as bad with me as I make it out to be. I'm OK. I'll make it through this and anything else that comes along. I'll make it because I'm tough, but mostly I'll get by because lots of people are lending a hand when they can. I wouldn't make it without any of you.

Thank you.

What inspired this post was a song by one of my "musical" influences, Joe Bucholz from the RC. I find it hard to believe that I fell in with such a amazing group of talent in such a small place. Joe's lyrics always make me think. Joe was always great and supportive to me, even if he did originally think that Patient 957 was some old guy and his two sons.

The lyrics to "It's a Little Complicated" always make me reflective for a number of reasons. I won't go into them all right now, the important one is that it takes me back to a very happy time in my life when I was playing a whole lot of music. A time when I could play a whole lot of music. A time before I knew I had MS or had even considered working in a shit hole like Echostar. My life wasn't perfect then either, but I was sure happy.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives