Monday, January 21, 2008

 

Super Bowl XLII

I love the Super Bowl. I love the idea, the hype. I could do without the two week buildup to the game, but other than that (OK, I don't like what the halftime show has turned into either), I love the Super Bowl.

The first Super Bowl was in 1967. I was one year old, about to turn two, so I don't recall the Packers' 35-10 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. It wasn't even called the Super Bowl back then. Somewhere along the line they coined the term Super Bowl and started numbering them. They used Roman numerals which I think is so cool. Not only is it kind of classy, it has the added bonus of providing me yearly with the Roman numeral equivalent of my age. I was one year old for Super Bowl I. I will be 42 years old when watching Super Bowl XLII. Pretty cool!




On to the game, while I'm not pleased with the outcome of the NFC Championship game, it does make my rooting much easier. The 2007 New England Patriots are the best team I've ever seen. Had they faced the Green Bay Packers and my favorite quarterback to watch, Brett Favre, it would have been difficult for me to decide who to root for.

Now it's simple, Pats!

Yet, the Patriots go into Super Bowl XLII with more questions then they've faced in any other game this season. Will they be able to throw the ball? Will Randy Moss be a big part of the offense after being contained for two straight weeks? Can the Pats stop the run? Can they stop Eli Manning who had a good game against them in week 17?

All questions that will be asked continually for the next two weeks, but that won't be answered for until the game is played.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives