Friday, January 18, 2008

 

Abortion Bill Introduced

From The Rapid City Journal:

PIERRE -- South Dakota has some of the strongest abortion restrictions in the nation, but state lawmakers will decide if one more hurdle should be required.

A bill was filed Tuesday in the Legislature to require abortion facilities, such as the Planned Parenthood clinic in Sioux Falls, to offer sonograms to pregnant women and girls.

SB88, offered by state Sen. Dennis Schmidt, R-Rapid City, would prevent abortions from being done without first asking if females want to view the ultrasound images of their fetuses.

"Maybe they would think, 'Well, maybe I'll not go through with it.' It's their decision," Schmidt said.

The measure would not make females view sonograms, but places that provide abortions would at least have ask if they'd like to see them, he said.


I am in no way in favor of abortion. I wish it didn't happen, but it does. It's always happened, it always will. You can pass any law you want, but it's still going to happen.

Do I think it's a bad idea for an expecting mother to look at a sonogram of the fetus? I think it's just putting undo stress on someone who's already under a lot of stress, but other than that, maybe it's not an absolutely horrible idea.

Do I think it's a good idea for the government to march into a patient's room and ask them to look at a sonogram?

HELL NO!

I always have a problem with any law written for just a few people. I'm a man. Under no circumstances (other than those found in horrendous Hollywood movies) can I EVER have an abortion. For me to have anything to do with something that greatly affects someone else's life and has no bearing on mine seems a little silly.

The government does not ask me to look at advertisements for every car on the market before I choose which one to buy. A little closer to the topic, the government does not advise me to consider all of my matrimonial options, does not ask me to consider other sexual partners before I 'seal the deal' in either of those cases. They certainly don't even attempt to pass laws on those topics.

If they did there would be an uproar. Let's face it, men wouldn't stand for it.

I'm not an overly political person. All I know is what's fair.

This isn't.

BOJ



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives