Sunday, December 23, 2007

 

NFL Teams I Just Don't Get

I like to think of myself as an astute observer of the National Football League. I get the game, I try not to let my allegiances get in the way. I can enjoy the game no matter who's playing. I like to think I know what's going on and pride myself in seldom being surprised by anything that happens on Sunday.

Still, I don't understand what's going on with the following teams:

  • name
    Minnesota Vikings
    I knew that they'd be able to run the ball, even before they picked Adrian Petersen with their first pick in the draft. The have know quarterback, Tavaris Jackson just isn't the type of player who's going to win games for you.

    Some weeks they look good, some weeks they look bad. I can never tell which team is going to show up. They might make the playoffs. They might finish under .500. So goes life in the NFC.

  • name
    New York Giants
    The main thing I don't understand is how Tom Coughlin is still the coach. His players hate him and question his every decision. They get beat by teams with less talent. They don't have any running backs who are decent. They're going through their traditional late season collapse.

    But they're in the playoffs. As bad as they've played the past few weeks, they'll still be playing football two weeks from today. I honestly don't see how.


  • name
    Cleveland Browns
    They traded their starting quarterback after the first game. That can't be a good sign. Yet they're still in the playoff hunt. They don't play defense, they don't run the ball particularly well, everyone has to know what they're going to do and somehow they're able to do it.

    On top of that, they make a first round, blockbuster draft day deal to get a hometown quarterback who has yet to see any action. Somehow it's all worked out. I can't see how.


  • name
    San Diego Chargers
    With all of the talent on this team, I don't understand why we're not talking about them in the same way we talk about the Patriots. Actually, I do know why we don't, they've lost too many games. How do they manage to lose games?

    Could it have anything to do with them firinga proven winner at coach AFTER their offensive and defensive coordinators took head coaching jobs with other NFL teams? Why didn't their season ticket holders all demand their money back


  • There are probably more, I suppose, but that's enough for now. These were just the ones I've been thinking about all day.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives