Tuesday, October 16, 2007

 

Positive

I try to put a different spin on things sometimes. Maybe it's because my life sucks. Maybe it's because I'm (believe it or not) generally a positive person. I don't know, but I feel oddly positive about this.

I scrapped the frost off of my windows when I got off work. I had to use the defrost, I had to turn up the heat, in a few minutes, I'll crawl into a warm bed (heated mattress pad - what a great invention!). My nose is cold. My knees ache. Life continues as normal. It's just the way I want things to be.

I live in a land of four seasons, even if summer and winter are too long, even if spring and fall are far too short. Four seasons, all wonderful in there own way. Four or five months of winter follow.

The last 3 bottles of bourbon barrel porter are in a closet, waiting for the first snowfall, and event that, I learned today, has already happened, I missed it, all evidence of snow gone by the time I woke up on Sunday.

Seasons change, life goes on.

I couldn't ask for anything more.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
So, your life sucks (paragraph 1), yet in paragraph 2 your life is continuing as normal, which is the way you want things to be. So...you like that your life sucks?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives