Monday, September 10, 2007

 

Serial Monday
Episode V
Men of Faith

Previously on Serial Monday.

Let's face it, nothing of any substance happened. It was a poor episode, and I really apologize. I've got a lot going on in my life and, well, it's just a bunch of excuses. You don't tune into Serial Monday to hear about the crap going on in my life, every other day on The Globex Corporation Newsletter is for that.

Anyway, I guess the only big news is that Tina Fey is missing, the newpaper said so. Good lord, is that what I consider a "cliffhanger"? I suck as a writer...

Stay tuned for
Serial Monday.

"This is delicious, Caliph." Jerry Teller complimented his host. "What do you call it?"

"It is a recipe from my mother. I don't know if she had a name for it, but she taught my wife to make it." Caliph Nasseem took another bite. "I must thank my mother next time I see her."

"Splendid! I grew up on lamb." Teller was truly impressed. It was a simple lamb dish, but nothing like he had eaten growing up in Tennessee. "We owe so much of who we are, each of us to our families. Not just the food, I mean our values."

"Agreed." Nasseem was a kind and accepting man. He had many Christian friends, though he didn't get the opportunity to spend much time with them, living in the Kingdom as he did. "We are very much the same, reverend. You grew up in a small farming community, I was raised in a community of herders. I'm sure we could tell many similar stories about our youths."

"Indeed, Caliph." Teller's size would tell even the casual observer that he lived a life in which he did very little real work. "That's why I'm so interested in you faith. It's why I sought you out, a man who could explain, from a holy man's point of view, all about Islam. Things I can share with my congregation, we understand so little of you faith, of your point of view in my country."

"You are a good man, reverend," Nasseem took a sip of his juice, Teller craved a beer, "I wish all Americans cared to learn as much as you do."

I need to learn, stinking Arab, Teller though, your people are at war with mine.

"The drawings, the photos, when can I see them?" Teller was through with the niceties, it was time to get down to business.

"Oh how I wish you could see the holy city!" No Christian had ever shown such interest in his faith before. "Remember, reverend, this photos are just to give you a feel for Mecca. Oh how I wish I could take you there! It is remarkable!"

"It is against your faith for me to enter the city." A fucking annoyance, Teller thought. "I respect your faith, caliph."

"Still, as a man of God, I think you could appreciate it. Let us retire to my study and I'll show you all of the information I have on the holy city..."




"Hello, Dash?" The woman on the other end of the line sounded a bit flustered.

"Tina?"

"Oh, Dash." A long pause. "I saw the story in the paper this morning, I didn't want you to worry."

"Where are you?"

"That would take a little explaining. I'm OK, though..."

Last Week's Episode
newfeaturemonday


BOJ

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives