Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Fake Gambling II

It's that time of the year again, the NFL returns to the field this week. Let the fake gambling begin!

This year I'm going for a more realistic approach. Rather than have my completely fictitious wagers pay off 1:1 (a dollar bet = a dollar won), I'll be going with a more Vegas style 10:11 (11 dollars bet = 10 dollars won). Even fake bookies need their "juice" or vig." Hopefully, my math is up to the task.

Additionally, I will be adding parlay bets this year. Parlay bets require all of the conditions of the bet to be won to win a bet that pays off higher. Parlay odds can vary by sports book, I'll be using the following:

2 Teams - 13:5
3 Teams - 6:1
4 Teams - 11:1
5 Teams - 22:1
6 Teams - 44:1
7 Teams - 90:1


Any game that results in a push (tie) reduces the parlay one team. A 3 team parlay would become a two team parlay. A two team parlay would become a straight bet.

Betting lines will be taken from vegas.com. Caesars-Hilton is considered the line of record in Vegas and will be the default line for fake gambling. I am a crafty consumer, though, and reserve the right to make bets taken off of the other lines listed at vegas.com.

Lines will move during the week. Just like real gambling, I'm locked into the spread that I put my money on. I may add more bets during the week, but I will never take bets off that I've made.

Those are the basic rules. I have one thousand fake dollars to wager as I wish. Let's get to it:

  • New Orleans at Indianapolis OVER (52) - $50 - MGM/Mirage Line

  • Kansas City at Houston (+3) - $50

  • Denver (-3) at Buffalo - $50 - MGM/Mirage Line

  • Carolina at St. Louis (PICK 'EM) - $50

  • New England at New York Jets (+6.5) - $50



  • BOJ's Week 1 Stake: $1000
    BOJ's Week 1 Wagered: $250


    I hope it shows that I really don't like any of these bets. That's why the call it fake gambling.

    BOJ

    Labels:


    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives