Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

[Nameless Company] Can Kiss My Ass

I wrote this in December of 2005. I didn't work for [Nameless Company] at the time. They wanted me to, I wasn't so sure. A few days after writing this, I was offered a job. I wish I had read it one more time before I agreed to work for [Nameless Company].

If I had not taken that job a few days later, well, there would be lots of openings right now, I could have applied for one of them, more than likely received it and had I done so I would be making more money than I am now.

How can I be so sure? To get new employees to move to Cheyenne, Wyoming, [Nameless Company] has taken to hiring new employees in master control at the highest grade level available. This would not upset me so much except that the emlpoyees who have worked here (most much longer than me) are given raises that barely cover the cost of living or are denied promotions (often ones that were promised) without explanation.

The overnight shift lost 4 of their 7 employees this week over this and a combination of other factors like really shitty health insurance. My shift is losing a person, two others are putting in for transfers. There are rumors of others in the department with other employment in hand or who are just fed up and are going to walk out the door.

This while our facility, where the bulk of [Nameless Company]'s traffic is uplinked to satellites, the very thing this company is in business to do, does not have Human Resources representation.

Human Resources at [Nameless Company] is generally worthless. They've beem unwilling to get rid of an employee who came to work drunk, who would not come to work when scheduled and who was in a physical altercation with another employee. But Human Resources isn't completely worthless, they've told me that the medication I take may violate [Nameless Company]'s "drug-free workplace" policy. They actually sent someone up from Denver last week to inform me that I may be terminated if I make mistakes on purpose. Odd as I haven't had any outages since I've worked for [Nameless Company]. Yes, there's more to it than that, but I ruffled the feathers of someone at Human Resources when they gave me incorrect information regarding $20 that Tel-Drug of Pennsylvania was taking there sweet time (two months longer than their policy allows, depending on who you talk to) in refunding to me.

Important lesson, don't piss off Human Resources.

They can fire me. I don't fuckig care. They can hire someone for more than they're paying me and fuck up their salary structure even more.

BOJ

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives