Wednesday, July 18, 2007

 

Is This Mega-Bitch Wednesday
or Poinless Shit Thursday?

It's pretty well documented on this blog that I am a first-class complainer. I sort of enjoy getting call from telemarketers so that I can berate them. Fun for me anyway.

I also have outstanding issues with organizations I have to talk to on the phone. I had a bunch of them yesterday.

First, I had to order my medication. This has gone so poorly in the past that I sort of have to psyche myself up for it. This was my ninth order. The first six were screwed up the online paharmacy in some way or another. I had words, numerous words with officials for this worthless company. We came to the conclusion that they, as a company, suck ass and that I would need to call a person in Sioux Falls, SD to get my medication in a timely manner.

So I call directly into someone's office, eschewing the normal 800 number that customers normally call. I argued that they're treating me different than other customers and that they really need to fix their shit. I have to make a long distance call, on my dime (true, but since I have VoIP phone service, it doesn't actually cost me anything extra), and I argued that I should be reimbursed for that. I was told that I would receive a $20 credit for having to do that. I was told that in May. It still hasn't happened.

So when I made my order I inquired about that. There was no record of it. There was record of them refusing me service and their retraction of the breaking of a contract with my place of business, but no record of them owing me $20. And, of course, no one was there who could help me.

I was told that I'd receive a phone call from someone today, but, of course, I haven't received a call and doubt I ever will. I'll call them when I'm done here.

Then, I had noticed that I no longer get NFL Network on my cable system. I actually knew what this was about as I work in the TV industry, but after talking to my online pharmacy, I was in a bad mood and tough I would take it out on the cable company.

So I called and complained. I was told that NFL network had been placed in a "Sports Package" that I had to pay extra for. I have a contract through February and argued that his violates said contract. I also pointed out that the company website makes no mention of a "Sports Package" and indicates that I am to receive NFL Network.

They immediately gave me the "Spots Package" but I demanded that their website be immediately be changed to reflect their changes, and also that every one be given the "Sports Package" until the end of their contracts. I was told that wouldn't happen. I got mine, at least.

I asked who I could complain to, and after a long discussion about THE EXISTENCE OF TELEPHONES IN NEW YORK I was given a number which I could call to have my complaint heard.

All of this makes me wants to call AOL again, but I've been instructed to never call them again. That one works both ways, though.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
Hey doug,
Here is the frontier days video that I did with my nephews!!! you can go to youtube and search "eyeosaur" it's about the fourth or fifth down.

or here is the embedded profile

it wouldn't let me put the tag....

but it should rouse some interest going into this week!!!!
 
Mini-bitch Comments:
1. I got a refund from a certain phone company in April. Mind you, I don't always open my mail immediately and the check had expired by the time I did. How many people think, "I'm screwed" and don't bother to call and complain. I did and I got another check--good for 6 months as opposed to the 30 days of the 1st one.

2. My cable company sometimes has on-demando outages. My sister-in-law calls and gets credits and coupons for free movies. I contend, like you did with the sports contract, that they should do this for all their customers. They don't.

3. Damned rebate cards from cell providers also expire before I remember to use the last $2.37. In general, I hate expiration/due dates. I'll use it/return it when I'm good and ready, dammit.
 
At the risk of sounding like an asshole...

on-demando?

Oh yeah. That's what a Spanish teacher would call it.
 
What an asshole!

Like BOJ never makes stupid typographical errors.

Give her a break, you ass!
 
Thanks to The Web's Arbiter of Good Taste for defending my honor. (BOJ, take notes.)

I typed it that way on purpose--to make fun of gringos who add an "o" to words and call it Spanish and because I like that it rhymes with "commando."
 
In your face, BOJ!!!
 
Fuck yeah! You win the phone-retaliation hero award. Thank you for doing the right thing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives