Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Sociology Experiment

Last Saturday, a co-worker was back in the tape library and he found a photo of one of the [Nameless Company] shift supervisors. He took the photo and cut out a magazine headline that read "Tired All The Time?" put it under the photo and tacked it to the bulliten board in Master Control. It meant nothing, it was just a bizzare non-sequiter that I thought was just plain odd. It was gone on Monday.

Now I have my suspicions of why the photo went away, but I don't know why it isn't there anymore. Then I started wondering what would happen if a photo of me with an identical caption were posted on the bulletin board, so I made this:

tired?

If I were to place this on the bulletin board in Master Control would it be taken down immediately? Would it be allowed to stay? Do the respective postions of the two subjects have anything to do with how long a photo is allowed to stay up? Am I reading way too much into this?

It's Saturday. I'll go into work today and place my photo on the bulletin board. I'll keep you up to date on what happens.

BOJ

Comments:
I'll place $10 on it staying up there at least 3 days. I'm guessing that the person who the orignal photo was of took it down. You putting up your own photo would last until someone in management decided it didn't belong there, which may take a couple days to get noticed.

Cool experiment though, I'm interested in knowing more.

Quinn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives