Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Ranch

ranch
In something that's a little different for me, this week's MBW is about ranch dressing. This is a tough one for me because I actually like ranch dressing. It's zesty, it's creamy, it's delicious!

My problem is with what ranch dressing has become. Somehow it's become the King of Salad Dressings. All other forms of salad dressing must bow before the undisputed monarch of the condiment world. Ranch isn't just for salad anymore. I had a friend whose girlfriend would order a side of ranch to dunk her pizza crusts in. It's on a Subway sandwich. It's on a pizza. It's on potato chips. Chicks wrestle in it in seedy night spots --- OK, I haven't heard of that happening, but it's bound to happen.

Ranch isn't the only salad dressing. There are plenty of other salad dressing options. I like Italian and Bleu Cheese. Fantastic. Ranch isn't the only salad dressing to move beyond salad. Italian dressing? Marinate chicken in it. That's what I'm talkin' about! Thousand Island on pumpernickel with corned beef, swiss cheese and saurkraut. You got yourself a Reuben there, maybe the best sandwich in the history of mankind!

Ranch just isn't special. It's good, but it's just a salad dressing. No better than any other. Why have we gone so crazy about this stuff?

I could do the same thing with Texas Hold 'em poker. Great game, I like playing it, but it's not the only poker game. Somehow it's taken over.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
I miss FRENCH dressing - common in the Midwest, unavailable at resturants here in Cali. Someone actually tried to pass Catalina dressing to me when I ordered French, I sent it back and requested Ranch. I guess it's the catch-all. Dipping buffalo wings and chicken tenders in it just seems like the last resort, and people don't seem to think about their other options... oh well, sucks to be them.

Quinn
 
French & Russian dressing always confused me . . .can't tell the difference between them. Maybe I just never tried.

When I was a kid, there was this Creamy Cucumber salad dressing my mom always bought. Seems it was the precursor to today's Ranch.

Ranch is okay. Kinda boring if you ask me. The bomb on salad though is the tahini goodness of Annie's Original GODDESS Dressing -- now that rocks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives