Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

Positive About the Post That Blogger Ate? Well, Not Really....

I wrote a really great Positive Tuesday post about William Shatner's Has Been album, which is really great, but Blogger ate it. Better, it left it in my drafts with the title in tact so that I thought it was still there and ready to go.

Yes, I revealed one of my secrets, sometimes I write posts in advance. Never more than a week, usually only a couple of days. I'm not always feeling positive on Positive Tuesday or bitchy on the MBW. I am positive or bitchy in any given week.

So I guess I'm positive about the ability to engage in blog chicanery (sp?). What I can't do on Blogger is tell it to post something I've written at a given time ore date. I can post date posts, but Blogger will immediately post it with the date I've selected. That's proven to be useful at times, like with lists that I keep at the top of the blog for a week.

I'm also supposed to be able to blog via email. This would be cool because I can't post from work. Oddly, our blocking technology at [Nameless Company] doesn't recognize this blog as a blog (go figure), but it does block any attempts to post anything, be it post of comment. Email would circumvent this. I'll have to look into it.

Wow, this was a crappy Positive Tuesday post. I'll try to do better next week.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
In a few similar experiences with livejournal as well as Yahoo Mail Beta (reason I've been switching to Gmail), I've began doing one extra preventative measure - copying and pasting what I've written to a document in Wordpad before pressing "publish" or "send". After I verify it's safely on it's way where it belongs, I delete the Wordpad file.

With your MacOSX you should be able to do this easier with Stickies. :-)

Just offering advice based on experience.

Quinn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives