Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

Leinenkugel in Wyoming?

sunset wheat
It's an important morning for BOJ. On my way home from work, I decided a brew or two might be nice. Imagine my surprise when I found Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat at my local liquor store.

I live in prime brewing country, not Wyoming so much, but Colorado has some of the finest brewing in the country. There are some great breweries in Ft. Collins, just an hour south, and there are some other great breweries in the Denver area. There's also that Bud plant south of here, but I don't want to talk about that.

A Leinie's usually has to wait until I take a trip to the RC, but tonight I'm enjoying a cool Leinie's, something I haven't done yet in 2007. Sunset Wheat reminds me very much of New Belgium Brewery's Sunshine Wheat. A quick visit to Leinenkugel's website confirms this. It's brewed with corriander in the Belgian style.

In truth, our weather hasn't been too receptive to the consuming of wheat beers recently but I wasn't going to pass up a Leinie's when I had the chance!

BOJ

Comments:
Wow, I never thought a Wisconsin beer would be allowed in or near the Rockies. It's a cheesehead invasion!

Now all you need is some deep fried cheese curds to wash down with that brew, eh?

Quinn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives