Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

Here's a Bitch...

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to bitch about in my life. I'm having a harder and harder time working my self up in my classic MBW mode.

I just read an old friend's blog. He's not writing as much as he used to. Until recently he was a full time musician. He's still a musician, a songwriter wtih skills that make me horribly jealous, a stage presence who can command the attention of a crowd. He's stil a musician, but he's taken a full time job. He's also writing a newspaper column that's every bit as entertaining as his blog was in it's heyday, but we used to get a funny and compelling blog post almost every day.

I like to think that I wrote a funny and compelling blog post almost every day. I like to think I still can, but who knows. I do know that I've taken a full time job while writing this blog. I used to spend an hour or more on blogging every single day. The other blog took about as much time though I didn't post to it every day. I hardly post to it at all anymore, though that's more from me not sitting around and watching CNN all day.

Because I have a job.

I've had other MBW's about my job before, but this is simply about a job interfering with the things I really want to do. It's not this job, it's any job. If I got that dream job at The Onion I'd be bitching about how much time it takes and how I'm not able to do the things I want to do and how I have to live in Wisconsin.

Let's face it, no matter what my condition, I'm going to bitch. I've now bitched about having a job and not having a job. I've bitched about having too much time and not having enough time.

Some people will never be happy.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives