Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

Ben Folds Video Week
Army

BOJ Note: I found a lot of cool Ben Folds stuff on YouTube this week, enough to do a week's worth of stuff... which is exactly what I'm going to do. So for the next week on The Globex Corporation Newsletter it's Ben Folds Video Week.

Ben is a very accesible artist. His MySpace site is an excellent fan resource. Last year, Ben performed live in Nashville and allowed fans to make requests via MySpace.

This is from that concert, a BFF song called Army performed with his new trio and the audience. Army was from BFF's third release, The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Meissner, the bands biggest, most ambitious project. The song featured a horn section. When Ben started perfroming solo, the horn break in this song was missing, so he had the audience fill in.



I always liked this song, though it was quite different than everything BFF had done to that point. It includes what I think is Ben's finest lyric:

,Cuz my peers they criticze me
And my ex-wives all despise me
Try to put it all behind me
But my redneck past
Is nipping at my heels...


Excellent work. On to more of Ben's solo career tomorrow.

BOJ

Comments:
This, here, was one of the best days of my life. I'm in this video. Red FOLDS track jacket, behind Lindsay (the drummer).


And requests? hahahaha. We so had a set list. And the requests that were fed to him were for the songs we'd previously arranged. Good good times.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives