Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Bad Shit That's Happened to Me Since I Moved to Cheyenne
An MBW Special

No, things haven't gone that well for me since moving to the "Cowboy State." It's been pretty shitty since day 1:

  • First Day at Work - January 2006 - OK, shitty since the second day in Cheyenne. I pull up to the front gate at work and talk to security. They're not expecting me. Nobody, it seems, is expecting me. I wait for about 20 minutes while people figure out what to do with me. After the way [Nameless Company] completely fucked up my interview/hiring process, I've got really good feelings about my employer from day 1.



  • First Week on Swing Shift - February 2006 - Nobody seems to realize that I'm going to be on this shift. Shit just keeps getting better and better.


  • Car Trouble - March 2006 - No, I'm not talking about something mundane, like a flat tire, I'm talking about an entire engine that needs to be replaced. While driving back to the RC, my car overheats. The water pump had gone out. This reveals a bigger problem, a head cover bolt has sheared off inside the engine block and cannot be removed. It's obviously been over-torqued. Curious, as I've never had the head off of this engine. A defect at the factory. As I own a 1997 Subaru, it's obviously no longer under warrenty.


  • New Neighbor - June 2006 - Per blog policy, I'm not allowed to write about this, but she is yet another bad thing that's happened to me since moving to Cheyenne.


  • Broken Nose - July 2006 - While walking up to Lyon's Park to watch firworks, I fall flat on my face and break my nose. Oh, how I wish this were my worst medical condition to happen to me that year...


  • Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis - August 2006 - I guess breaking my nose did one good thing, it lead to ineffectively starting treatment for MS.


  • Landlord Won't Install Handrail - August 2006 - I live on the second floor. I have Multiple Sclerosis. I'm sorry if it might damage your building, I might break my fucking neck.


  • Insurance Trouble - August 2006 - Don't fucking get me started. And it fucking gets worse...


  • MS Treatment Begins - October 2006 - That's right, I begin treatment MORE THAN TWO FUCKING MONTHS AFTER I'M DIAGNOSED!!! My Neurologist did have a conference he had to attend...

  • More Neighbor Shit - November-December 2006 - Sorry, blog policy...


  • Performance Review - February 2007 - Actually, considering the company I work for, it wasn't that bad. Then again, a guy who got into a fight with another guy at work, left work sick and got into a fight in a bar that night, came into work drunk on numerous occasions and refused to come to work on numerous occasions continued to have a job after performance reviews. The bar is pretty fucking low, and I was simply rated as "meets expectations," one point away from "exceeds expectations." Thanks, [Nameless Company]! I'll see what I can do to barely meet expectations in the coming year.


  • Insurance Becomes Really Shitty -March 2007 - In a cost cutting move, [Nameless Compnay] decides to give its employees really shitty insurance options. Mine (the good one) requires a $1,250 deductible and a 20% co-pay after that. We're all so glad that we helped you reach some fucking arbitray goal by the end of 2006. I'm glad our efforts were appreciated.


  • Neurologists Refuse to See Me - March 2007 - There are two Neruologists on my shitty insurance plan in Cheyenne, one won't take any new patients, the other refuses to take me. Fuck Dr. Mary Kerber, fuck her right up her dirty ass. I have to drive to Ft. Collins to see a neurologist. In a related story, my previous Neurologist was instructed to fax my records to my Neurologist in Colorado. They mailed them instead. The day of my appointment. I arrived long before my records. It was a wasted fucking trip for me. It did help me meet my $1,250 deductible.


  • Yeah, my life's been a fucking laugh riot since January 2006.

    BOJ

    Labels:


    Comments:

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives