Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

MBW
71.209.89.119

I'm a law abiding guy. Oh, sure, sometimes I drive too fast, generally only on the highway, but most of the time I stick to the law, providing I know what the law is.

My major in college was mass communications. I know a lot about the media. I considered law school for a while, for the stupidest of reasons. Had I pursued that, I would have most likely gone into media law. Even though I didn't go that way, media law still holds a bit of interest for me. I have an interest in copyright issues, slander and libel.

I don't give a shit who reads this bullshit. I don't care if I get 1,000 hits a day or 2. I do occasionally look at who's checking out this site, however. My favorites are the people who find The Globex Corporation Newsletter through search engines. Lots of times I get those hit from people who have no idea how to do an effective web search, typing tthings like Scarlett Johansen Nude into a search engine. They show up, not for very long, and I'm sure they're very dissapointed.

Some searches are much more specific. Occasionally I get hits from searches for globex corporation newsletter. Those are people looking speifically for me, it's sort of undeniable, they are specifically looking for this blog.

I'd suppose it would be flattering, if someone from, say, Arizona with an IP address of, oh, 71.209.89.119, for example were looking for this blog. Maybe I should be flattered that a person like that would bookmark this blog so that their hit show up with "no refering link" for the refering page, someone is actually interested in what's going on here.

Maybe it's someone with an interest in media law. Maybe it's someone who's looking for examples of slander and libel on this humble little corner of the internet.

Keep showing up, 71.209.89.119, I'm happy to have you, but if that's what you're looking for, you won't fucking find it here. Keep showing up, but I have a rule in place that will keep you from finding what you're looking for. In fact, that rule supercedes the only other real rule on this blog, "don't delete anything." I deleted a lot of shit this week, a lot of comments and a couple of posts.

That all started when I deleted one post in particular post in December. I'm not happy that I did that, but I didn't it for someone who the post pissed off, I did it because I thought it was the right thing to do. The posts and comments I deleted this week were deleted for the same reason.

Keep showing up, 71.209.89.119. You won't find what you're looking for. Maybe you'll find something else you enjoy here.

BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
How often and what times of day do these hits occur? I of course book marked your site both at home and at work, and I check your blog several times a day. It could be me (you never know where an ISP routes from)!

Quinn
 
I'm certain that Dick Cheney is somehow involved.
 
I'd suspect John McCain... he represents Arizona. Maybe he gets off on Sue Foley Friday posts!

Quinn
 
god knows i only come for ellsworth's leading cheerleader
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives