Sunday, March 04, 2007

 

A Big Win for Some Button Pushing Monkey

rpsfinal

An exciting final for the 2007 Saturday Swing Shift RPS Tournament. From the very beginning, it promised to be a classic. The two weeks of hype before the even just served to whip the fanbase into a frenzy, it was standing room only in the Reaux-Sham-Dome as the two gladiators entered the field of battle.

Would Rashid be able to keep up his frenetic RPS pace in a best of nine format? Would BPM stay in his game and just win throws? The only way to answer questions like these is to just play the game.

rashidRashid - The "New Guy"-----------------R S P P R S R R P P - 3
timBPM - The "Button Pushing Monkey"--R P R S S R R P S S - 5

It looked to be a typical Rashid match, as the first throw was a push. Rashid took 3 of the next 4 throws to take a seemingly insurmountable 3-1 lead. BPM didn't panic, staying in his game. A "Rock crushes Scissosr" throw tightened the match to 3-2 for Rashid. Then BPM's conditioning really paid of. A push throw, normally right into Rashid's wheelhouse, seemed to send "The New Guy" reeling. Obviously winded, Rashid fell in the next three throws, giving BPM a hard fought 5-3 victory.

BREAKDOWN




Sean Salisbury
"BPM kept Rashid out of his game. You expect the huge number of pushes in any match that Rashid is involved in, but it just didn't happen this time. BPM didn't change his game for this match. He's dominant and he knows it. BPM has thrown "Rock" just over 40% of the time in this tournament, and that's exactly what he did in this match. BPM's strategy should have been no surprise to Rashid. Seemingly it was."

Ron Jaworski
"Rashid came out of the gates on fire in this one. His early 3-1 lead reminded me of Devin Hester's opening kickoff return in Super Bowl XLI. And it was. Rashid failed to mount an effective attack after taking the early, almost insurmountable lead."


Dick Vitale
"IT'S RPS TOURNEY ACTION, BABY!!! BPM is a PRME TIME PLAYER! Rashid is a real DIAPER DANDY with a real future in competetive RPS, but the day belongs to BPM! He's a real.... oh, I've got nothin'... sometimes I even annoy myself..."

Dennis Miller
"I don't want to get off on a rant here, but BPM looked like General Beauregard at the first Battle of Manassas here, and that really made Rashid's bull run..."

Keith Olberman
"Rashid lost? It's all Bill O'Reiley's fault..."

Anna Nicole Smith
"Is either of them rich? Oh, what do I care, I'm dead. I am in the news more now than before, though, and isn't that what's important?"

John Tortorella (Tampa Bay Lightnng Head Coach)
"Dennis Miller completely stole my look. God I hate that bastard..."

RPS Ranking



  1. BPM (12 Wins - 5 Losses - 7 Pushes)

  2. Rashid (10-8-15)

  3. Darin (2-4-5)

  4. BOJ (4-5-5)

  5. Sean (1-3-8)

  6. Scott (2-3-1)

  7. Slick (1-3-1)


BOJ

Labels:


Comments:
Who really cares. The most mind numbing event was the after parties at BREAKROOM EAST CLUB. OOHHH my ALLAHHHHHH... Shit, boy the coffee was flowin. The freakin vending machine seafood was as fresh as a day old pastry. I had two Aunt Jemmima Grabwich's and the shit was free!! The television was blastin to some GAC country tunes and not to mention the selection of juices were absolutely NOT from concentrate.

peace out.
I shoulda won

Darin
 
A Grabwich? Were you doing those kickass maple syrup shooters too?

And I did rate you above me in the rankings, even though I have a better record than you. You performed better in the semis than my completely rolling over for BPM.
 
I'm sorry, I can't let this go. I was on the verge of making history...Has there been a hispanic champion?? Bulllshitt I say. The popularity machine has churned out yet another caucasian, male thirty something champion. Who fuckin cares. I need some sweet aunt jemimma french sweetness vending treats to ease my pain, and a hit on the crack pipe.
 
Ever soaked your crack in maple syrup for twenty minutes or so before lighting up? On the street they call it "Canuck-Balls."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives