Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Fake Gambling Final Results
Why I Don't Take Proposition Bets

In my years of real gambling, I never took a proposition bet, a bet on the stupid little game related or even non game related things one can bet on. I'm glad I didn't when the real money was on the line:

  • Indianapolis (-7) 29 vs. Chicago 17 +$100

  • Indianapolis vs. Chicago 46 OVER (48.5) -$100

  • Coin Toss: Heads TAILS -$50

  • Team to win Coin Toss: Chicago CHICAGO +$50

  • Uniform Number of First Player to Score Touchdown: Devin Hester #23 OVER (61.5) -$100

  • Total Sacks (Both Teams): 2 OVER (3.5) -$100

  • Peyton Manning Passing Yards: 247 OVER (273.5) -$50

  • Peyton Manning Rushing Attempts: 1 UNDER (1.5) +$50

  • Marvin Harrison Receiving Yards: 59 OVER (78) -$50

  • Adam Vinatieri Total Points: 11 UNDER (8.5) -$50

  • Rex Grossman Passing Attempts: 28 OVER (33) -$50

  • Number of Times Rex Grossman is Sacked: 1 OVER (2) -$50

  • >Time for Billy Joel to sing National Anthem 1:36 OVER (1:44) -$100

  • Preliminary Nielsen TV Rating: 39 UNDER (41.6) +$100


  • Week 20 Against the Spread: 1-0
    Week 20 Over/Unders: 0-1
    Week 20 Stupid Proposition Bets: 3-9

    BOJ Season Against the Spread: 32-31-1
    BOJ Season Over/Unders: 10-11-1
    BOJ Balance for Week 20: -$400
    BOJ Total Amount Remaining: $500


    I lost $400 in fake money on the props, only hitting the coin toss (heads), Peyton Manning rushing attempts (under 1.5) and preliminary Nielsen rating (under 41.6). That said, I wasn't too far off on any of them, but that's why it's called gambling.

    The game turned out about like I expected it to, with the Colts taking control. I hoped that the Bears would have been forced to throw more often earlier. That could have caused some of the props to come in. As it was I went through a football season and only lost $500 in fake money, and 80% of that in this game.

    So fake gambling is over for this year. Stay tuned to The Globex Corporation Newsletter for exciting sporting action in the weeks to come.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives