Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Positive About Blogging

I've been doing this for just over two years now, writing this drivel that some people actually seem to enjoy. While there are a couple of draft blogs in the queue that I've never posted, and two posted blogs that I've actually deleted, the "official" count of posts on this blog, including this one now stands at 775.

Seven hundred and seventy-five posts. I can't believe I've ever had 775 things to say. And if you read old posts, you'll probably agree that I didn't. Early on, though, I made it a point to try to post every day, whether I had anything to say or not. Keeps you in practice, I guess, had to sit down and think about something, organize my thoughts (such as they are) and start banging on the keyboard.

In truth, that's why I did it, why I still do it. Yes, I like to write, and a few posts here have been pretty good if I do say so myself. But I blog to make me think. Yes, I have just sat down at the 'puter and just started typing, that has produced a few good blogs. For the most part, though, I have an idea for a post (usually in the shower), begin thinking about what I want to say, sketch it out a little in my brain and then start typing. For me, the writing is just something I have to do at the end of the process, the real value to me is the thinking, the organizing of my thoughts. That's why I continue to do this.



And I'll keep doing this for the forseeable future. I can't stop. When I've tried to I've been miserable. I have to have this outlet, and if I didn't have it, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

So continue to enjoy the mindless crap you find here. It's not going anywhere.


BOJ

Comments:
I enjoy reading your posts more than writing my own, so I'm damn glad you're sticking it out!

Quinn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives