Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

Just a Few More of These Left.....

I remember last week complaining about 3 straight weeks where I was even for the week in my fake gambling exploits. Oh, how I long for those days when I didn't lose any of my hard earned fake money. This weeks hideous results:

  • Kansas City (+7) 8 at Indianapolis 23 -$100

  • Dallas 20 at Seattle (-3) 21 -$100

  • New York Giants 20 at Philadelphia (-7) 23 -$100


  • Week 18 Against the Spread: 0-3
    Week 18 Over/Unders: 0-0

    BOJ Season Against the Spread: 31-28-1
    BOJ Season Over/Unders: 9-9-1
    BOJ Balance for Week 18: -$300
    BOJ Total Amount Remaining: $1300


    I've said it so many times before, I don't know what I'm doing. Still, straight up I would have had all of the winners, but that's not how fake gambling works.

    A look at the teams who made the playoffs and how my rankings held up:

  • San Diego Every other team still in this thing has glaring weaknesses. The Chargers are the most complete team in this thing. Extrenely well coached, I'll be suprised if they aren't the AFC representative in the big game.


  • Baltimore Face it, the AFC is just the better conference this year. I don't like the Ravens, never have, but they can still play defense, they addressed their QB issues in the off season and the offense is producing since they fired their offensive coordinator.


  • New England The Jets kept it close in the first half, but the Pats put it to 'em in the second. This is a good team, easily better than anything the NFC has to offer.


  • ChicagoGreat defense, but the offense is erratic. They looked like the team to beat until they went south at the QB position. Still a dangerous team, and don't forget about their special teams.


  • New Orleans Rookie coach Sean Payton has turned this team around. Reggie Bush had a great rookie season and he might not be the best rookie on his own team. They are interesting on offense, good enough on defense and should be in it until the NFC Championship game.


  • Seattle A banged up secondary was able to handle the Cowboys. They'll have to play a lot better to get any further.


  • Indianapolis I'm waiting to hear the hype this week. The Colts CAN play defense, they CAN stop the run. One game doesn't convince me, but it's a good sign. Still, someone will figure out how to run on them.


  • Philadelphia Struggled to much against a rudderless Giants team. Still, a win is a win.


  • Dallas TO drops a pass in a one point game, but I'm sure someone else is to blame for their loss to the Seahawks. Lost as close a game as you'll ever see to a banged up Seattle team.


  • New York Jets A fine year for a team with, at best, 8-8 talent. They're moving in the right direction. Best of luck next year.


  • New York Giants Talent just doesn't do it for this crew. They'll start next year with a new running back and a new coach.


  • Kansas City Couldn't run the ball, couldn't move the ball offensively at all against the Colts. Played good defense in the first half, but let a close game slip away in the second.


  • Next week the real fun begins.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives