Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

I Miss the Cheers Open Mic

Don't do the vanity-name-google search too often, but I had some down time at work tonight so I typed Blind Orange Julius into the old search engine and got a link to SMB's blog from last July and this came out:

I wonder how Blind Orange Julius is doing? I miss that cat. I miss his sense of humor, timing, and cool songs he'd bring to the open mic/sore with and WithOut 12-String Andy. I'll bet HE's finer than a frog's freckle, and handing out grins like fliers on a big city street.


I needed that. I'm going through a tough time right now, for reasons to numerous to mention so early on a Saturday morning. While I'm by no means finer than a frog's freckle, reading Shawn say a couple of nice things about me made my night.

Honestly, I'm amazed that anyone remembers me for anything. Sunday nights at Cheers were a big part of my life for a couple of years, I was their religiously (well, better than religiously because I rarely get to church anymore), first with 957, later just me and TSA. I've been told that I had a lot to do with the success of that open mic. I've been told I had a lot to do with the success of the Dunn Bros. open mic. That shit just amazes me.

I'm an idiot. Sometimes I pick up a harmonica, or, worse yet, a guitar, and show what a complete idiot I can be. I always figured if I was remembered for anything that it'd be as that guy who should have been so embarassed.

Nice words are nice words, even if I didn't get around to reading them for six months. Blow my mind. And let it be know that I was never awarded Drunkest Human in the Bar, but I think I was disqualified because the host liked me.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives