Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

Fake Gambling Week 19

I don't usually do this so early, but I looked at the line this morning and saw something I didn't think I could pass up:

  • New England (-3) at Indianapolis - $100

  • New England at Indianapolis UNDER (48) - $100



  • BOJ's Week 19 Stake: $1100
    BOJ's Week 19 Wagered: $200


    Indianapolis is favored in this game? I was so positive that it was going to be the other way around that I figured I'd wait until the last minute to make my pick. It's not a ringing endorsement of the Colts, the 3 points is pretty much what being at home is basically worth. I see this line moving toward favoring the Pats, which is why I got in now. I predict that this game will come off as a pick 'em game by kickoff. I'd put money on that, but that's not what this site is about.

    I see the Pats winning this game outright, any points I get are meaningless, but I rather not give any. As far as the under, 48 points? The Colts are playing better defense and have proven pretty un-Colt-like in 6 of their past eight game quarters. No touchdowns last week against an admittedly great Ravens D, but they had problems moving the ball in the first half last week against the Chiefs. The Chiefs! No, I'll take the under.

    Every week I say I'm not happy with my picks, but this week, well, these are some quality football picks given the lines I'm dealing with.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives