Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Pointless News Cycles

bojbowl
Who cares about this crap?
Apparently everyone at FOX News....
So I'm flipping around the cable news networks, the news junkie that I am. CNN and Fox are basically going with this story:

Donald Trump Tells FNC: 'Rosie O'Donnell's a Loser'



NEW YORK — Donald Trump blasted "The View" co-host Rosie O'Donnell on FOX News Channel Thursday, calling her "unattractive" and suggesting "maybe she's jealous that Miss USA likes me and doesn't like her."

"Rosie's a loser, and somebody has to fight back," Trump said. "I really like Barbara Walters. Believe me — Barbara Walters, in my opinion, rues the day that she put that animal on her show because that show will go down the tubes. You watch."

O'Donnell responded on "The View" Thursday to Trump's disparaging comments by bringing her girlfriend, Kelly, on the air: "I was afraid to leave her at home in case someone with a comb-over came and stole her from me.

"Frankly, here's my comment to him," O'Donnell added, making a sour face.

"It's a slow news week, I think, because FOX News is all over my ass," added co-host Joy Behar. "Now I consider that a compliment. That's like being on Nixon's enemies list."

Earlier on FOX News, Trump said he'd sue O'Donnell.

"I guarantee I'll have a lot of Rosie's money right out of her big fat pocket, I'll have a lot of Rosie's money coming into my pocket," Trump said. "That's my prediction."


On "The View" Wednesday, O'Donnell said Trump's news conference with Miss USA Tara Conner had annoyed her "on a multitude of levels." Trump decided to give Conner a second chance after she was accused of underage drinking and using drugs.

"Left the first wife, had an affair, left the second wife, had an affair. Had kids both times, but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America," the comedian and actress said to roars of audience laughter. "Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

• She Said, He Said: Name-Calling the Rosie and Donald Way

Trump lashed back at O'Donnell on several entertainment shows.

"Rosie is somebody out of control who really just doesn't have it," Trump said in an interview on Access Hollywood's Web site. "And she ought to be careful cause I'll send one of my friends to pick up her girlfriend, and I think it would be very easy."

On the TV entertainment show "The Insider," he criticized everything from her looks to her former television talk show and magazine.

"Rosie attacks me personally? I know her fairly well because her show failed. She didn't retire. She didn't get the ratings! Her magazine called 'Rosie' was a total disaster," he said.

"She's out of her mind. I will probably sue Rosie for a number of reasons. I'm worth a lot of money. She doesn't tell the facts," he added.

In an interview with the TV entertainment show "Extra," O'Donnell blasted the Trump-Conner news conference as a publicity stunt, declaring, “I think everything that Donald does is a ploy to promote the Trump business. That’s the bottom line. I don’t think he really cares about this young girl.”

She continued, “I just think he’s [Trump] a hot bag of wind, frankly, with bad hair.”

Added Behar: “She’s saying watching him on television is like eating at Taco Bell.”

"The View" executive producers, Bill Geddie and Barbara Walters (who called in from vacation), issued this statement:

"Both Rosie and Donald are high-spirited, opinionated people. Donald has been a friend of "The View" for many years and Rosie, of course, is our enormously popular moderator. We cherish them both and hope the new year brings calm and peace."


Fox went so far as to have a "roundtable" discussion on the topic. Will the Donald sue Rosie, etc. etc. etc. Hey important stuff, stuff America is burning to know.

CNN then broke the following story:

Marine faces murder charges in Haditha killings



WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Marine sergeant has been charged with 13 counts of murder in the killings of unarmed civilians in Haditha,
Iraq, one of his defense lawyers said on Thursday.

Mark Zaid, an attorney for Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich, said the charges served against his client do not allege premeditated murder and carry a maximum penalty of life in prison. Zaid other Marines investigated in the case had yet to receive word from the military on any possible charges.


Obviously not nearly as important as the Trump/O'Donnell feud. So unimportant, in fact, that FOX STILL hasn't even mentioned the story.

I'm not one of these people dead set against the war. I don't assume that this Marine is instantly guilty. It IS newsworthy, much more newsworthy than a pissiing match between two celebrities over the Miss USA pagent.

Our society is doomed.

AN ASS

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives