Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Picks (All of 'em): Week 10

Twenty-four hours ahead of schedule. I'm some sort of model of modern efficiency. What a great guy I am:

  • Kansas City (Pick 'em) at Miami - $200

  • Cleveland at Atlanta (-8) (MGM/Mirage Line) - $50

  • Baltimore at Tennessee UNDER (38) - $50

  • Buffalo (+12.5) at Indianapolis - $50

  • New Orleans (+5.5) at Pittsburgh (MGM/Mirage Line) - $100



  • BOJ's Week 10 Stake: $1500
    BOJ's Week 9 Wagered: $450



    Somebody tell me how Kansas City isn't favored against Miami. Yes, the 'Phins shocked the Bears last week, but I didn't see any real signs of them "putting it together." Kansas City has been playing really well, as difficult for me as that is to say.

    Atlanta starts making a push for the NFC South this week. Cleveland's defense is actually pretty good, but they're banged up in the secondary. Will Vick beat them with his arm or his legs? Either way, I'll give the 8 points gladly.

    Props to Baltimore's defense by picking the under. As good as it gets. I wonder if any team is giving up less points per game. The Bears and their great defense? Nah. Still, you'd think that some defense would be playing really great that nobody's really talking about. Maybe some team that finally gave up some TD's the past couple of weeks that somehow is still leading the league in least points allowed. I'll have to research that.....

    Two road 'dogs finish out the picks. Buffalo will not beat the Colts, but 12 and a half was just too many points not to take. Their defense will, who are we kidding, they don't stand a chance. Hopefully Indy's D won't be able to stop the Bills enough to cover.

    How is 2-6 Pittsburgh favored against anyone? Losing snowballs (not the Clerks reference), it happens to good teams. It also happens to teams like the Steelers. This is my other "no brainer" of the week.

    A reminder of Jason's week 10 picks:




  • Kansas City (+1) at Miami - $100

  • Baltimore (-7) at Tennessee - $100

  • Denver (-9.5) at Oakland - $150

  • Dallas at Arizona OVER (43) - $50



  • Jason's Week 10 Stake: $700
    Jason's Week 10 Wagered: $400


    Jason and I, both Broncos fans, talked once about picking the Broncos. We both agreed that it wasn't a good idea, at least when real money applies. Good thing this is fake money.

    Jason got the Chiefs as one point 'dogs. Where is he shopping? Buy early and save!

    I think our reasoning for Baltimore/Tennessee is similar, though Jason took the spread and I took the o/u.

    Jason's o/u is Dallas/Arizona. I looked at this one but I'm waiting for a total collapse in Arizona. The team will totally give up on Denny Green as he's a lame duck already. Maybe Dallas wins 45-0 and the over comes in. It could happen.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives