Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Fake Gabling: Week 10
"What Are We Doing?"

Jason and I offered up a total of 9 picks for you this week. We, of course, only do this for entertainment puposes (real gambling is bad. You shouldn't gamble on sports, m'kay?). I sure hope the fine readers of The Globex Corporation Newsletter were entertained. I can't speak for Jason, but it was certainly tough for me.

  • Kansas City (Pick 'em) 10 at Miami 13 -$200

  • Cleveland 17 at Atlanta (-8) 13 (MGM/Mirage Line) -$50

  • Baltimore 27 at Tennessee 26 UNDER (38) -$50

  • Buffalo (+12.5) 16 at Indianapolis 17 +$50

  • New Orleans (+5.5) 31 at Pittsburgh 38 (MGM/Mirage Line) -$100


  • Week 10 Against the Spread: 1-3
    Week 10 Over/Unders: 0-1

    BOJ Season Against the Spread: 16-16-1
    BOJ Season Over/Unders: 6-5-1
    BOJ Balance for Week 9: -$350
    BOJ Total Amount Remaining: $1150



    Read the first sentence following this one, then read nothing else.

    I picked the Bills over the Colts, yes sir, I'm some sort of fake gamblin genius!!!!

    Apparently there was a reason that the Steelers were favored and Chiefs/'Phins was a pick 'em.

    I knew that Ray Lewis was out for the Ravens' defense, but I figured they could shut down the Titans. The Titans. The team that picked up Kerry Collins before the start of the season and started him for a couple of games. You'd think the Ravens would shut down the Titans. I'm going to appeal this one. Those couldn't have been the Titans playing today. Something is fishy here...

    Atlanta, at home, can't beat the hapless Browns. Never mind covering the spread. They lost. This is my pick in the NFC South, and they can't beat the Browns. Do I know anything about football?

    Jason's picks were no better:


  • Kansas City (+1) 10 at Miami 13 -$100

  • Baltimore (-7) 27 at Tennessee 26 -$100

  • Denver (-9.5) 17 at Oakland 13 -$150

  • Dallas 27 at Arizona 10 OVER (43) -$50



  • Week 10 Against the Spread: 0-3
    Week 10 Over/Unders: 0-1

    Jason Season Against the Spread: 5-11-1
    Jason Season Over/Unders: 2-2
    Jason Balance for Week 9: -$400
    Jason Total Amount Remaining: $300


    I liked Jason's picks. Hell, he got the Chiefs as one point 'dogs. What a brilliant pick! That's money in the bank, right?

    No comment on the other games except for this: What is up with Denver? The Raiders pretty much out played them all day. They were lucky to get out of that asylum with a win. How does any of this work?

    Screw it, next week I'm picking Cricket or Rugby games if I can find spreads. I understand those games at least as well as I understand football.....

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives