Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Positive About Showers

shower
The surest sign of civilization.
When I get up in the morning. I'm going to take a shower. I do that every morning, at least I did until recently. My shower broke. Actually the thing in the tub faucet that diverts the water to the shower broke.

So it's been baths for me this past week. Baths are OK, you didn't see an MBW on baths last week. Baths can be relaxing, I suppose, but for getting yourself clean, I'll take a shower everytime. Sitting in dirty water seems to be counter-productive to the whole cleaning process. Now a shower, that's efficiency! Stand there and blast hot water at yourself. The filth comes flying off and swirls down the drain. No muss, no fuss.

There's no prep time for a shower either. Turn on the faucet, jump in and your on the express to clean town. With a bath you have to let the tub fill before you get in, then it gets cold while you're sitting there. You don't have that problem with a shower. You can even change the temperature at will in a shower. Nope, showers are a much better deal.

The crazy thing about showers is that I have all of my good ideas in the shower. I've thought up graphic ideas for that other blog while I was in the shower. I've gotten lyric ideas while in the shower too. I've ended up naked a dripping wet at my computer because I had an idea that was just too good not to get on right away.

I guess when you're in the tub you're just too relaxed. In the shower it's constant motion, rub shampoo into this, soap up that, turn around and let the water hit your back. Your brain is working, not turned off like it is in the tub. Nope, give me a shower any day.

And now I've got one again. Oh, happy day!

BOJ

Blogger's Note: The shower was great! Thanks for asking! The new faucet diverter thingy works a lot better than the old one, I get a much stronger spray out of the shower head and much less water comes out of the faucet in shower mode. Also I don't have to hit this faucet really hard to make the shower shut off. Obviously, there was some sort of prooblem there from the day I moved in to #27.

And it was a productive shower, meaning that my brain was running the whole time, thinking all sorts of creative thoughts. As these thoughts were mostly mean-spirited, and while this is
Poisitive Tuesday, I'll leave them for another time. Actually, I probably won't leave them for another time either, as if I wrote these things down..... well, never mind. It was really cool to have that creative rush again.

Creativity - - Just add water......

Comments:
MY GOD, BOJ!!! Do you realize what's coming out of that showerhead??? Pure DHMO!!! No wonder you're peeing it, you've surrounded yourself with it! Break free of this dangerous addiction while you can!
 
You're mistaken. It's actually just plain old water. Clean safe water. That's all.

DHMO is something completely different. Somehow. I guess.

You probably also ruin movies for other people by pointing out continuity errors and historical inaccuracies.

Thanks kill-joy!
 
Hey, I correct your spelling, too. That's gotta be annoying!
 
I used to correct the ex-wife's grammar when we argued.

Why aren't I married anymore?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Are you my ex-husband? He not only corrected my grammar, he also let me know when I was singing too fast/too slowly, corrected the lyrics and even let me know when I was off key. What a nice guy.
 
Ex-husband? I thought I was your fake boyfriend. Have fun trashing me to your friends?
 
You are my fake boyfriend, you shall always be my fake boyfriend. I thought you were very jealous and controlling and didn't want me to discuss our relationship with others, but I will, if that will make you happy! Your ears should be burning between 10 and 10:15 am CDT today.
 
My fake "pretend" life is eerily similar to my real one.

I guess if you're going to pretend that's the way it should be.

And be sure to talk about my sexual inadequacies. That's not my ears that are burning.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives