Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

"Have I Told You the One About the Handsome and Dynamic Blog Operator and the Fake Gambling?"

A heady Week 5 (and Week 5.1) where I won a cool 500 fake dollars. I'll try not to make it a habit to do the last minute bets like I did on Monday Night, but I was on a roll and I really had a fake gambling jones. Worked, though, so I was quite happy with the results.

That said, it's time for a let down, I guess. Here are my Week 6 picks"

  • Buffalo (-1) at Detroit - $300

  • Oakland at Denver (-14.5) (MGM Mirage Line) - $100

  • Chicago (-10.5) at Arizona (MGM Mirage Line) - $200


  • Week 6 Stake: $1900
    Week 6 Wagered: $600

    What can I say, the book at the MGM Mirage offers the best lines for the intelligent fake gambler this week.

    I've gotta be missing something here, but I can't see how the Bills are only one point favorites against the Lions. There's perceived talent in Detroit, but it somehow never shines through. I'm betting (obviously) that it will remail hidden in Week 6 as well.

    In the Monday Nighter, the Bears have proven themselves the class of the NFC so far this year. They are the league leader in points allowed (totally expected) AND points scored (shocking to me, anyway). All this talk about Brian Griese at QB for the Bears during the preseason seems to have been overblown. Unbelievable play by Rex Grossman this season, and though he will most likely come crashing back to reality at some point I'm betting (obviously) that it won't be this week.

    Finally, in the compulsory round, I take the Broncos over the Raiders. Because I said I would. Let me point out that I have never before given up fourteen and a half points in a wager, fake or otherwise. I can't recall ever seeing a spread this high in a preseason NFL game (I saw two higher in the playoffs in 1994-1995, and Super Bowl III had a larger point spread). Of course I haven't followed the spreads as religiously as I once did, but 14.5 is a lot of points to give. But I did. Can you tell that I'm not really pleased with this pick? Still, the Raiders have not beaten the spread all season and Randy Moss is a complete asshole. Fourteen and a half points? Yeah, it could happen, the Raiders are that kind of bad.

    To quote Art Shell about the Raiders:

    "You can't play the game and make as many mistakes as we did and expect to win. ... We're just not that good to do that."


    Thanks to Jason Bott for bringing the fake gambling quote of the week to my attention.

    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives