Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Fake Gambling Week 7

You know, this whole fake gambling thing has been really cool, aside from the losing week a few ago and the absolute beat down I got last week. Yeah, it's always more fun when you win. I'll admit it, I'm a little gun shy after last week. So my cautious picks or Week 7 are as follows:

  • San Diego (-5.5) at Kansas City - $100

  • Pittsburgh at Atlanta (+2.5) - $50

  • Carolina at Cincinnati (-3) - $100

  • Denver (-5) at Cleveland (Stations Line) - $100

  • Arizona (-3) at Oakland - $100


  • BOJ's Week 7 Stake: $1300
    BOJ's Week 7 Wagered: $450


    Once again, I'm not really happy with any of these, then again, after the Week 6 beat down, I'm questioning my very fake gambling existence. San Diego is good, Kansas City is not. Even at home I can't see them not getting beat by more than a touchdown.

    Pittsburgh/Atlanta is a bit of a flyer. Just a hunch, but I have a feeling that Atlanta is going to make this a close game. Oddly, I don't think that Atlanta will win this game, but probably lose by a point or two.

    I really like Carolina, they were my preseason pick in the NFC. With Steve Smith back and playing well, I think they're right up there with Chicago, but top to bottom the AFC is better and a playoff contending AFC team (even one that lost to a NFC team with no wins last week) should have their way with Carolina.

    I don't like wagering on the Broncos, but again, this is Cleveland. How can the Broncos not beat them by more than a TD? The over/under of 32 was intriguing, but Cleveland's offense is not good, the Broncos defense simply doesn't allow TD's (one this year, and that when the Broncos had a 17 point fourth quarter lead) and Coach Shanahan is playing a very conservative offens. That cost me last week against the Raiders.

    I pick against the Raiders again this week, though I said I'd only do it until such a wager would be a loser. It was a loser for me last week, but let's give the Cardinals some dap (oooh, I am SO street...). They dominated the best team in the NFC for three quarters on Monday night. If they play even half that well against the hapless Raiders this week, they'll beat the Raiders by much more than 3 points. Don't talk to me about hangovers from a big loss, we're talking about the Raiders here. If I hadn't taken such a beating last week and weren't so gun shy this week, I'd have a lot more of the fake money on this one.

    Jason's picks for Week 7:


  • Carolina (+3) at Cincinnati - $100

  • Arizona (-3) at Oakland - $100

  • Minnesota at Seattle OVER (41) - $50


  • Jason's Week 7 Stake: $750
    Jason's Week 7 Wagered: $250

    Jason and I share one pick (Arizona (-3) at Oakland) but are looking for different results in Cincinnati. I didn't do this on pupose (Jason gave me his picks last night), but it will make things a little more interesting on Sunday (actually on Tuesday when I'm back to work).

    And I like his over pick in the Minnesota/Seattle game. Deion Branch and one more week in the Seahawk's offense should equal more points. Add to that Minnesota's offense and you've got a game that should produce a lot of points.

    Remember that this is NOT a gambling site. All picks and spreads quoted are for entertainment puposes only. Picks made do not constitute an exchange of monies with some big scruffy guy named Vito. Those wagering along with BOJ or Jason do so at their own risk. Offer void in Tennessee.....


    That should keep the Globex Corporation legal department happy.


    BOJ

    Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    The Bert Convey
    Principle
    Friends' Blogs
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    I'm not telling you anything...

    archives