Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

Colts 34 Broncos 31

I didn't see nearly as much of this game as I would have liked to. Maybe I'll catch it later this week on the NFL Network. First, my sister called in the second quarter and talked well into the third quarter. Then my nurse came to give me training on giving myself injections (and I performed admirably). I was actually giving myself my very first Betaseron injection when the Broncos scored late in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 31 with 1:46 to go. You just can't give a Manning that kind of time especially when the Colts have a kicker as good as the RC's own Adam Vinatieri.

So the Broncos lost to an undefeated team. So they gave up one more touchdown in this game than they had in the previous six games. These are the Colts, not the Baltimore Ravens. No shame in giving up 3 TD's to the Colts' offense.

The Broncos offense looked good this game. Plummer was confident, threw downfield often and made some big plays. The Colts bottled up Tatum Bell, but couldn't get a handle on Mike Bell who tore off big chunks of yardage in the second half (and look fantastic in short yardage). Good signs all.

I'd have preferred a win, but a last second loss to one of the best teams in football? It ain't all bad.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives