Sunday, October 22, 2006

 

Broncos 17 - Browns 7

walker
Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon
Walker (84) makes a catch against
Cleveland Browns defensive back Gary
Baxter (24) during the first half. (AP)
Not a stellar performance by the Broncos in this afternoon's game, but the defense played like the defense has played all season long, allowing just one touchdown, again with a 17-0 lead in the fourth quarter. Shanahan opened up the offense a little bit against what is a pretty good Browns defense (even after giving Denver their entire defensive line). Tatum Bell had another nice day running the ball. Jake Plummer looked OK, and though he threw 2 INT's, the wind looked brutal in Cleveland today, undoubtedly adding to that total as it did to the total of Browns QB Charlie Frye.

It's a win and I'll take it. Next week is the Colts, however, and a great Broncos defense is going to have to step up even more in this game. And the offense, well, the offense had probably start doing something. Today we saw more of the offense than we've seen all year. We'll need to see more against the Colts. The Broncos defense, no matter ho good it is, will allow a TD or two to the Colts. Seventeen points isn't going to cut it.

That said, I like the Broncos' chances against the Colts. Am I predicting Indy's first loss of the year? Not so fast! I will predict a close game. I will predict a lower score than most will expect. I know what I hope happens, but we'll find out what does happen next Sunday.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives