Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

This is Not a Gambling Site.....

From Page 2 by ESPN columnist Bill Simmons:

..... (I)t's not legal to make or accept bets from other people, but it's legal to buy as many scratch cards or lottery tickets as you want, and it's legal to gamble online ..... (I)t's not legal to make or accept bets from other people, but it's legal for newspapers to run the lines for every sporting event ...... Why run these lines if it's illegal to wager on them? Isn't that like posting the local street value for cocaine and heroin every day?


I don't know if it's like cocaine or heroin (I stay away from both, especially heroin, because I hear it can lead to more dangerous drugs....), but gambling, even fake gambling, is highly addictive. Being a compulsive person as is, I know the dangers for myself. And I have been know to place the occasional bet.

I haven't made an actual bet, legal or otherwise since I bet on the Sacramento Kings over the LA Lakers in the NBA playoffs a few years ago. Even did a two team parlay, taking the underdog Kings and the under. Since the game went to OT, I obviously didn't hit the under, and then the Lakers won outright and covered. I always say that if you miss one half of a parlay you might as well miss them both.

I have a great gambling story about one of the best days of my life, staying at the Hard Rock in Vegas, but since the next day was September 11th, 2001, it sort of put a damper on my joy. That said, I am 1-0 all time when betting on the Broncos.

Just remember, this site is for entertanment purposes only. No actual money changes hands. It's still a lot of fun though......

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives