Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Missed the MBW

globexstadium
Get your tickets today!
So another week goes by in which I miss a 'feature.' Not a whole lot to bitch about yesterday, however, and I found out that I really, really like my new neighbor.

Later today, of course, will be Pointless Shit Tuesday. If only I could find something that was both pointless and shitty to write about. I'm feeling pretty good right now, though, so we'll have to see what transpires.

Something really cool just happened. I'm listening to a music shuffle on iTunes and Slappy is Jebus' "Brian Wilson" came on followned by Barenaked Ladies' "Brian Wilson." For the record, BNL's version checks in at 4:49 while SIJ's weighs in at a beefy 6:42. More value for your music dollar if you ask me.

And neighbor Tim (not the neighbor I really, really like, but he's a cool guy) came up with a new Brian Wilson dealy. He was watching a SF Giants game and relief pitcher Brian Wilson was in the bullpen getting ready to come into the game.

Warmin' up in the pen
Just like Brian Wilson did
Warmin' up in the pen
Just like Brian Wilson diiiiid


I tried it that way in the park the other day, sounded pretty cool. Also played "Two Condoms" with the new gramitcally correct lyrics:

You always tell me
It's just a silly habit
That we ain't at the grocery store
And I don't have to double bag it
But darlin' your express lane
Is in an awful mess
And I don't think you know the meaning
Of fourteen items or fewer


It made me laugh, but only That One Gal and I would get it.

BOJ

Comments:
I think in this case rhyming is more important than the grammatical correctness of the line. I hereby grant you license for artistic reasons. I'm not really responsible enough to wield this power, but then, I've been granted it, so I just do my best to dispense my authority in a fair and evenhanded manner.
 
Alright! I got off with a warning! Grammar Police, coming this fall to FOX!
 
Yeah for the neighbor-ette.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives