Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Positive about Clotheslines

I'm a big fan of clotheslines. Not the tackle made famous by Fred "The Hammer" Williamson for the old Kansas City Chiefs in the AFL days, but those actual lines like the one in my backyard. For clarification's sake, I like them for their intended uses, not the fact that I ocasionally run into clotheslines late at night leaving me flat on my back like a clothesline from "The Hammer".

Admittedly it's more work to hang your clothes on a clothesline. And I'm not affraid of more work unless, perversly, I'm getting paid for it. And sheets? Forget about it! They feel great and smell even better providing the wind is blowing away from the refinery.

Since I live on the top floor of my building, the laundry is in the basement and the clothesline is in the backyard, it can be a lot of steps, but I'm relatively young and I can take it. I'll let you all know if I break my crazy neck on one of the trips. Provided my fingers still work if I'm an invalid.

The laundry in #25 was a dollar for a load and 50 cents for a dry. It was right outside my door and both machines seemed to work really well. Here in #27 it's $1.25 for a wash and a buck for a dry. One dry usually won't do it. I find if I do three dryer cycles for for two loads of clothes that everything comes out relatively dry. So that's 3 bucks a week. It doesn't break my budget, but that's a beer, damn it. One less beer a week! I'll take the clothes outside for one extra beer this week.

And since the wind ALWAYS blows in Cheyenne (somebody who lived in both Cheyenne and the RC once told me Cheyenne was like the RC except windier, I called her a liar at the time, but she was right) it actually takes less time to dry two loads of laundry on the clothesline than it would using the dryer. Less money, less time. I think it's a no brainer.

I'll try to come up with something better next week.

BOJ

Comments:
I once got clotheslined full force...couldn't speak for weeks.

Oh and love the title of your blog :)
 
Better? What's that got to do with anything? Cheyenne may have a few more big hats per capita than RC. Clothes hung out to dry smell good. Why the hell does a good beer cost three dollars? Is it due to inflation?
 
It's due to the government imposed surcharge on products having a greater than 50% by volume DHMO content that goes to the DHMO Superfund. Go to dhmo/superfund.gov to see if you qualify for benefits if your life has been detrimentally impacted by the indidious dangers of DHMO.
 
I meant "insidious". I've GOT to start previewing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives