Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

A Stupid Song About a Cartoon



Wyle E. Coyote is my hero. Think about it. He's smarter than the Roadrunner, who really only has blazing speed on his side. He is able to come up with elaborate plans to catch and eat the Roadrunner, plans THAT SHOULD WORK, but somehow, even the laws of physics conspire against him.

It would be really easy for Wyle E. Coyote to just give up, to move into some desert community and eat garbage like coyotes are known to do, but he doesn't. He keeps at it. He never gives up.

We only see little seven minute vignettes of his life. I imagine the rest of his time is spent writing nasty letters to The ACME Corporation complaining about how that pair of rocket skates he bought didn't perform up to advertised specifications. Also I imagine he goes to England to find the grave of Sir Isaac Newton and lift his leg on it. This is all speculation, of course, but I think the Coyote and I have a lot in common. I've got a pretty good idea of what's in his head.

Then again, I haven't seen any new adventures from him recently. Maybe he did move to the outskirts of Vegas or maybe he got his by a truck. It can't be the last one as I've seen him get hit by a truck on numerous occasions. No, I imagine he's never given up chasing that annoying Roadrunner.

My guess is that the show became unprofitable which is why we don't see it any more. But Wyle E. still chases the Roadrunner because that's the only life he knows.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives