Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

If She Could Only Play Guitar.....

french
She's no Sue Foley, but she'll do....
In my opinion, the biggest problem with last summer's theatrical relase, Fantastic Four was that Jessica Alba's charachter, Sue Storm - The Invisible Girl, was that the very name of the charachter required the stunning to Miss Alba to spend some of her screen time invisible. What moron thought that up! Look, if Jessica Alba is in your film, don't do anything stupid like not allowing us to see her. In fact, the camera should be on her in every scene, even if she isn't really doing anything in it.

Now the makers of Hollow Man had the right idea. The movie is about a military experiment to create an invisible soldier. This movie featured Kevin Bacon & Elisabeth Shue, but the producers made the choice to make Kevin Bacon invisible, making the lovely Elisabeth Shue completely visible in every scene (though not nearly enough scenes) she was in.

Sue Foley, of course, remains completely visible throughout her performances. See, she gets it. I know, I know, the point is moot as invisibility is technically impossible. But I hope if some mad scientist offered it to her that she wouldn't take it, unless it was to sneak peeks of me naked. See, it's not quite so creepy when a woman does it to a man. OK, it's just a little bit creepy.....

BOJ

Comments:
Invisibility is not only possible, it's inevitable as far as women are concerned. Try being the fat girl or attaining a calendar age of 35+. Pretty much makes you disappear.
 
In the three examples I noted, two of them were well over 35 years of age. I'll admit that the third was born while I was a sophomore in high school...
 
Okay, you get points for the age thing. And I guess my point was more about our youth/anorexic worshipping society than beating up on you. And it was good that Chevy Chase was the one who became invisible leaving the lovely Darryl Hannah visible. After seeing that movie I couldn't eat Chinese food for months.
 
I forgot about Memoirs of an Invisible Man! Yeah, keep Darryl Hannah visible!

I completely understand your point. When I was dating 5-55 I think she felt a little odd that she was six years older than me. Like most beautiful women I've been lucky enough to know, she was so insecure about everything about her appearance. She was always asking what I liked in a woman. The answer was pretty simple, I liked her, and no matter how honestly I tried to tell her that she was just fine with me, it didn't seem to be enough.

In a phone call once she asked me what kind of boobs I liked. My first response to any question will be the most smart-ass thing I can think of. The first thing I thought of was "whatever kind are in my hands at the moment." I don't know if it did any good, it probably didn't, but I was trying to say that I liked everything about her, she was just fine with me.

So a song came out of that (actually a pie chart first). I did try to write the first verses as sweetly and honestly as I could. I didn't try to make them so crappy, but I knew they'd turn out that way since I can't really write that sort of thing. So I ended up with three sappy verses (the sucker verses as a friend refers to them) and then the punchline verse. The "I like your sister's, too" line came from the ex-wife, I don't think I ever said that to her but I thought it a lot.

My point, not that I have to have one, is that I really don't care too much about the physical stuff. I really don't have a type, I'm more into intangibles (bask in the irony folks).

Oddly, 5-55 was mentioned in a RC Journal story this past week. I made a video recording of In My Hand the other week and I'm planning on sending it to her. I did email her the lyrics and the pie chart. I was a little worried, but she wasn't the least bit offended. Now I remember why I went out with her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives