Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Crazy Freakin' Dreams

french
Ouch!
A couple of weeks ago I wrote a positive day post about my favorite cooking show, Good Eats. Host Alton Brown doesn't so much do a cooking show as a show about food science. Chock full of info and presented in a very entertaining way.

While working on an upcoming Food TV series about eating on the road, Alton was involved in a car accident and broke his collar bone. He's been enough of a good sport to provide prictures of himself at the crash site on his website, and I've reposted one here. Best of luck, AB, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Monday's DHMO post was, in a way, inspired by Alton Brown. I'd had a dream about Alton Brown the previous night in which, in Good Eats style he explained centrifugal uranium enrichment using a salad spinner. Very cool, and I'd actually like to see him do that on his show some time.

I've actually had a lot of really crazy dreams lately, generally having something to do with television. I had a dream that included a commerical for an upcoming Willy Grigg show. I think the show was at Jones Beach in New York, at least the commercial in my dream looked a lot like a Jones Beach TV commercial.

I don't know what any of this means, but it's generally been the most fun I've had in bed without actually Waltzing with the Kaiser.

What's that, 18?

BOJ

Comments:
So, um, are you looking to buy some uranium? I have a couple of tons of the depleted stuff which I acquired somewhere. I'm not sure about using a salad spinner to enrich it. The stuff has a lot of mass. Might break the spinner. Oh, hi, NSA!
 
In my dream, lettuce was spun in the salad spinner. For some reason, though it seemed really reasonable at the time, smoke came out of the salad spinner to simulate the gaseous uranium hexafluoride used in the process. It was only an Alton Brown-esque demonstration, even in my dream I'm sure he'd agree that uranium can't be enriched in a salad spinner.
 
19.
 
Now that I've slept on this, I'm wondering who invited Dr. Freud into your head!!

You're dreaming about (attractive?) men, uranium enrichment, questionable use of kitchen paraphernalia, spinning salad, and beach locations. All combined in a surreal fashion with television and advertising.

My advice to you, not that you've ever asked for it, is to take a tropical vacation, increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid watching television, and WwtK at least three times per day.
 
Here's the problem with your little scheme....

1. take a tropical vacation

-I work in television, that ain't gonna happen.

2. increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables

-Not a bad idea, I'll look into it, though I've read that bananas can lead to increased dream activity, please do not invoke the name of Freud on this....

3. avoid watching television

-See #1 above.

4. WwtK at least three times per day

-The best idea of the four. I'm all for it though it would mean dramatically increasing my activity in this area. You did mean with a partner, right? That will be a little more difficult....


And just for that little outburst, I'm not going to tell you about last night's dream that included me living in a cardboard box. I made a really cool little tower to peer out of too. Your loss......
 
Towers and bananas?
 
Freud, what an entertaining individual. Such a sick man, such a sick society. Cardboard is a very good construction material. Be sure to properly brace the tower.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives