Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

A Brief Positive Tuesday
Then I'm Spending the Rest of the Day Outside

It's 10:30 in th morning as I write this. It's already 80 degrees and after a couple of somewhat windy days and a little bit of severe weather at night, it's calm a beautiful outside. I assure you I won't be at the computer for long today. I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming and there are a limited number of days like this in any given year. I have, we all have, a limited number of days like this left in our lives and to waste one of them would be a crime.

I'm doing three loads of laundry. There's a washer and dryer inthe basement and with just three of us living in the building, it's not too difficult to get a lot of laundry on any given day. Tim from work has the same days off as me and we usually discuss who's going to do laundry so we're not stepping on each other. The woman who lives between us works more traditional hours and does her laundry at night when Tim and I are at work.

The washer and dryer are coin operated and I could probably save money and time by going to a laundromat, but I'll glady pay for covenience. There's a clothesline in the back yard and last week I bought some clothes pins and hung one of my loads. This week I'm just gonna hang everything. Since the dryer doesn't work real well anyway, I'm probably saving 4 bucks by doing a little bit of the work myself. I'll pay for convenience, but I don't mind doing a little work myself either. Plus my clothes smell so much better when they've hung on the line. Cheyenne is a refinery town, however so caution must be used or my clothes could end up smelling like sulfur and methane. Not the most pleasant smell, but since I live upwind from the refinery it's seldom a problem. Work is a problem sometimes, as I often leave work smelling like a coal miner.

Once I get the laundry done I may head out to the park to play a little guitar. You know, shock the local youngsters with explicit lyrics. Maybe I'll take a little bike ride. It's just to nice of a day to sit here writing this crap anymore.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives