Friday, May 05, 2006

 

Where the Action Is

french
Cover of Sue's 2003 WC Handy Award winning
album Where the Action Is
Where the Action Is is a fantastic Sue Foley album. I suggest you check it out.

There are plenty of fine originals on the album, but a stand out track, to me anyway, is a cover of The Stones' Stupid Girl. I've always enjoyed what happens when a song is done by someone of another gender. Stupid Girl has a really catty feel when done by a woman. I like Sue's treatment better than the original.

Another favorite singer, Holly Cole, has made something of a career singing songs originally done by male artists. Her 1995 album Temptation is entirely covers of Tom Waits material. I love Tom Waits, but hearing a sweet voiced female interpret his lyrics is a real treat and gives the songs a really different feel.

She's also pretty attractive in a quirky art student sort of way. Then again, I once married one of those, so you see where I'm coming from.

I have no plans for a Holly Cole Photo Saturday.......


BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives