Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Fun With Babel Fish

I'm having so much fun using Babel Fish for other than it's intended purpose. Here are a few songs I've written, translated into German and then back into English:

you ask me whether I love you,
I cannot straight say
that in the truth I love you more and more ask you with each ueberschreitenen day, which kind of the girl I like I think that the level of the answer is,
to my kind of favourite to see lyin ', that near me here

is quite you asks me, my opinion of the color of its hair
it straight does not mean that much to me,
whom truth says, which I do not interest straight me,
if she comes to the color of your hair I permits it not meant that much
my favourite is the color, you have

Just or curly, long or briefly,
release flowin ', or under hat
means it real much not to me,
hang my love straight not of off it height is,
I believe, if I am with you and the low, if we are not it the way are separate,
which you look, it are, what you have within your heart

you to say that you have a straight further question,
then, which you send me on my way,
you to ask, which kind of boobs I may surprise you ` period it each day well,
the small am nice and the large I white, always inside demand are,
but are my kind of favourite the that're in my hand

But I like your sister, also






Chamagne by the fire-place
I have the music on the material low shade,
which ` to cross the living person dances area in their warm hypnotic glowing,
which I set up it so perfectly to I hope, these is, not where it terminates,
but I think, this night, which goes, the night for being
I straight wish that I could explain to my friends


I played it out all in my understanding for, therefore you long
yourselves and I have each small thing, which could go wrongly,
but the night this night, which I will finally give him a Whirl
and something hope day of the I regarded to try this with a real girl

Do not have much luck with women,
whom I think, who am to see really clear,
therefore am a romantic evening it am only my right hand and I
may incompletely alone, but I always try to do up it to right
each time I the term have
and my right hand precipitate never please to
at least `, until I run from lotion






All day long carry I two
all day long, carry I two
all day long, which I two condoms carry,
because their virtue
then I whip away and believe as savage man untrue is

if I am not with you knowledge you, where you were,
or which diseases you have
me straight, to see, and you me me hot
so all day long carry two condoms
form your body for baby,
because you whip viture then I away and believe like a savage man untrue is,

if I am with you you alway explain me, baby
am it a stupid habit fairly that we not at the grocer's shop memory are
and I not bags to double must it,
but favourite your express way in a terrible confusion is
and I does not think the fact that you know,
carry the meaning of fourteen individual parts or of smaller

so all day long I two
all day long, carry I two,
all day long, which I carry two condoms,
because then I whip your virtue away
and believes like a savage man untrue is, if I am with you


Do it yourself! It's fun!

BOJ

Comments:
I love playing with foreign languages. Mostly to get innocent persons in trouble like the poor guy who learned to say "kann Ich mit dine footsie(sp) spielen?" in less than five minutes only to get knocked down (really) by the German girl he was trying to be friendly with. That was my favorite. He went to school after that little episode.
 
When in France, remember that a chapeau is a hat, and that a chateau is a small house. Confusing the two could be disastrous or merely embarrassing.

I won't even start with the implications of mispronouncing the Spanish word for "year". With that in mind, we might wonder if Jose Feliciano has a sister named Gladys.
 
Then there are idioms particular to any language. To a German, "having a bird in your head" would be a particularly bad thing, in English it's just odd. Then again, if you think about it, who the hell are "the Dickens" and how can something "be cuter" than them (even Stephanie Herseth - I've heard the term used of her)?

English isn't much better in words that look or sound similar having vastly different meanings. Consider Formicate and Fornicate. Two similar words that really don't have similar meanings.

Then again, I have never used Formicate in a sentance. I make no comment about the other term.
 
Thank you for noticing. Yes, I thought the translation of "fourteen items or less" was, by far, the most bizzare part of the translation.

By the way, I owe to my future an advanced degree, a "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA" or "PHD". If there were only some place that I could get one of these prestigious degrees that was, in fact, the real deal and 100% verifiable.

BOXWOOD
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives