Monday, May 08, 2006

 

A Car?

I've spent the last two weeks without a car. Cheyenne is a relatively small place and there is a city bus, but I'm far away from everything (except the AFB) and I work untraditional hours. What's a guy to do?

Neighbor Tim works the same shift as I do. The supervisor at work was good enough to let me change my hours temporarily to match Tim's so I could ride with him. It meant working 4 ten hour days a week which had it's advantages. It had it's disadvantages too, like trying to find something to do for those extra two hours. I did learn a lot back in the library over this period, so the time wasn't a total waste.

I started running a little short of groceries last week. Mostly perishables like produce. I didn't come close to starving, of course, but I had to get a little creative in my meal planning. Came up with a really good one yesterday, so things seem to be working out OK.

Dad's coming down with a trailer today to take the car back to the SD (he actually lives just outside of the RC). He's bringing a car down so I should have something to drive around for a while.

I'm constantly amazed at how people look out for me. I could be stranded in my apartment, but my neighbor's been driving me to work, my supervisor gave me no hassles about changing my hours temporarily. My dad got up at a ridiculous hour this morning to hit the road. People are bending over backward for me and I certainly appreciate it.

Tim's having trouble with his alternator so this past week has been an adventure for both of us trying to get to work. I'll help him out as much as possible. I'll give him a ride to work today if at all possible. We're all in this together, I guess.....

BOJ

Comments:
Some people are pretty cool if they take the time to be so. Some cars should just be lit. Try a helicopter for a while.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives