Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

New Harmonicas!!!

You have to be a harmonica player to appreciate this as much as I do, but damn it, I got 3 harmonicas in the mail today. I've been waiting a week for them to arrive and they're finally here.

If I go to a music store I can buy a Hohner Marine Band harmonica in any key for $24.95. Even bigger stores don't usually carry every key I want, they might have to special order that Bb harmonica that I want for The Brian Wilson and then I have to wait an go back to the store.......

A few years ago, I found a web site called Best l'il Harphouse, an online source for all of my harmonica needs. OK, they have EVERYTHING a harp player would want. They carry the baritone harmonicas, the chormatics, amps, mics, alternate tunings, you name it they have it. For that reason alone I prefer to shop online. But even better is the price. If I buy 3 harmonicas at Best l'il Harphouse, it costs a little over $52, including shipping. At every music store I've been to, that same amount of money will only buy me two harps, plus I had to leave the house and when I get there they might not have what I'm looking for. Nope, Best l'il Harphouse is definitely the way to go.

So all morning I've been playing the new harps. If it weren't so cloudy and windy I'd go to the park and play as loud as I want. Still, I ran through a bunch of songs on each of the new harps. I played stuff I haven't played in months. I can now do an acceptable solo Are You Drinkin' With Me Jesus which may get played at Somi's on Tuesday.

BOJ

Comments:
What about kazoos?
 
I haven't checked, but since Hohner makes kazoos, they probably have them. Wax paper sold seperatly.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives